LINKEDIN: DESIGNED FOR PROFESSIONALS
Most professionals are aware that LinkedIn exists but there is some confusion about what it can really do. Many believe it is just for job seekers and they dismiss it if they are not looking for a job. Others believe it is for professional bloggers so they only use the media when they are researching experts on topics of interest. In fact, most are only aware of a specific side of the media and underutilize it.
According to Margarita Eberline, founder of Social Margarita 360° Marketing, LinkedIn is more than just a networking site. It is a valuable research tool that can provide insights for individuals looking to advance their careers as well as companies looking to grow. Not to mention it is also an excellent sales tool.
LinkedIn can help improve and position brands (personal and professional) for success. Social media is the ideal platform to create a positive image, reach goals and find new opportunities.
Here is how LinkedIn has been known to help people and companies
Companies can set up corporate profiles to:
- Increase awareness about products and services
- Promote professional events
- Strengthen their presence online
Individual profiles can be used to:
- Position your personal brand as an expert
- Find new employment opportunities
- Stay on top of the latest trends in your field
Tips to optimize your profile
- Use the “Pulse” feature to pull up the most popular articles in your field
- Personalize your URL: go to “View my profile” and “Edit your public profile” to find the “Edit Public Profile URL” on the right hand side
- Add a background image to your profile: Go to “Edit profile” and click on the little pencil icon to edit your background image. Your image dimensions should be 1400 x 425
- Feature your best work: link videos, images throughout your profile page
- Participate in groups and/or create some of your own. You can message people inside groups without necessarily having them as a connection. You can also view profiles that are not connected to yours within groups
- LinkedIn has 500 million users across 200 countries
- LinkedIn is 277% more likely to provide you with solid leads for your business compared to Facebook or Twitter (source: HubSpot)
- 55% of job seekers are looking within social media
- Eight out of 10 LinkedIn users are 35 or older
- 65% journalist use LinkedIn as a resource for expert insights
Would you like to improve your LinkedIn profile? Sign up for our bilingual workshop in Atlanta. All participants will receive expert advice on their profiles as well as training on how to optimize their use of the media: Click here for more information.